Here’s a great quick recipe to fulfil your summer urges for refreshing, hydrating foods. These rolls are full of healthy vegetables, creamy avocado, healing herbs, sweet mango and a few pinches of chilli (if you fancy a bit of spice)!!
Ingredients for almond butter sauce
- ¼ cup natural almond butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
Ingredients for the rolls
- 6-8 wraps, about 6 inches diameter; choose from tortilla, rice or wheat.
- 1 large carrot, peeled and julienne cut
- 1 English cucumber, ends trimmed off and julienne cut
- 1 cup thinly shredded purple cabbage
- 3 large green lettuce leaves (stems removed)
- 1 mango, peeled and pitted, then sliced into thin strips
- ½ avocado, pitted and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup each loosely packed fresh basil and mint
- a few pinches of chilli flakes, to taste
- For the sauce, process all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Thin with water if desired, then transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- For the Rolls; Lay each wrap on a plate and fill on one half (leaving some wrap clear to the sides, then wrap over each side and then the top.